$300 wage enhancement per month for a period of, at minimum, 6 months for staff working over 15 hours per week. $300 Signing Bonus; Details given at interview.
We are looking for a Child Care Teacher to encourage the healthy intellectual and psychological growth of the children in our facilities. You will teach and supervise them while also motivating them to use their mental capacities and exercise their imagination.
- Mission: We are a local non-profit that provides early care and education to young children by ensuring school readiness, empowering families and building strong futures.
- Vision: Every child in the Treasure Valley has access to quality early care and education and all parents are supported through the early years of parenthood regardless of age or income.
We know by ensuring kids are ready for kindergarten and empowering families, we are building strong futures every day.
- Design and follow a full schedule of activities and discover suitable teaching material
- Balance your teaching between logical and social exercises
- Provide basic care and caregiving activities
- Use a wide range of teaching methods (stories, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing etc) to enhance the child’s abilities
- Evaluate children’s performance to make sure they are on the right learning track
- Remain in constant communication with parents and update them on the progress of their children
- Observe children’s interactions and promote the spirit of concord
- Identify behavioral problems and determine the right course of action
- Collaborate with other colleagues
- Adhere with teaching standards and safety regulations as established by the official sources
- Proven experience as a child care / Preschool teacher
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Methodical and creative
- Patience, flexibility and love for children
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Certificate in first aid and CPR
- Experience in early childhood education
Summary of Duties:
- To be responsible for all aspects of caring for and educating young children.
- Duties include first and foremost being aware of all safety and health issues related to caring for young children.
- Hours of operation are 7:30-5:30 Monday through Friday.
- High School Diploma,
- Boise City Child Care license.
- Must be enrolled in Idaho STARS within 30 days from date of hire.
- Current Pediatric first aid/CPR and Infant/Child CPR.
- Strong communication skills through written, verbal and through digital means
- CDA (Child Development Associate’s Degree). or education in related fields.
- Experience with persons living in poverty and an empathy for that population.
- Experience with Giraffe Laugh ELC and the values and mission of the agency.
- Experience with STEPS to Quality program.
- Interview in person, with time for a brief working interview.
- Position begins as soon as possible.
- All external candidates must submit a resume and three references.
- If you have any questions regarding the position please contact via Indeed.
Giraffe Laugh is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you taking any additional COVID-19 precautions?
Employees must wear masks during work hours; children 3-5 also wear masks. Smocks are provided, if needed, to ensure clothing can be changed if necessary. Temps are taken daily; no parents inside the building.
(Pay: $12.00 – $16.50 per hour Full Time Position; $12.00-$15.50 Part Time Position) DOE