Volunteer Licensing

Home » Volunteer Licensing

All volunteers working with children for more than one hour per week must have a Boise City Child Care Worker license, along with Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification.

How to get started:


Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification

To apply for a Boise City Child Care Worker license, volunteers must first be Pediatric CPR and First Aid certified. Courses for both certifications can be taken online or locally in-person. Click the button below for more information on getting certified online or the schedule for local courses.

Boise City Child Care License

After receiving certifications in Pediatric CPR and First Aid, you are ready to apply for your Boise City Child Care License. Applying for the license is free, and it includes background check fees, licensing fees, and processing fees. Click the button below to be directed to step-by-step instructions on how to apply for your license.

Background Check

All applicants will be required to obtain an Idaho Department of Health & Welfare background check.

Contact Kylie at marketing@giraffelaugh.org with any questions!

We can see the future from here!

Giraffe Laugh is a local nonprofit that provides early childhood education and nurturing to 170 Treasure Valley children annually by ensuring school readiness, empowering families, and building strong futures.

Giraffe Laugh has two full-time programs that serve children 0-5 years old, a full-time preschool program that serves children 3.5-5 years old, and a summer program that serves children that are of school-age.