Nearly half of all Idaho children are unprepared when they enter kindergarten. Every child deserves a secure, comfortable childhood, as well as access to quality programs that strengthen and empower them.
Interested in enrolling? Please fill out our Waiting List Request Form to be added to our waiting list.
Giraffe Laugh Preschool in Garden City aims to develop high-quality, affordable preschool opportunities for families by equipping Idahoans with the tools and resources they need to implement local solutions.
This preschool program was created through a collaboration with Family Advocates, Boys and Girls Clubs of Ada County, Garden City Public Library, Learning Lab and Futures Public School.
Giraffe Laugh applied for and received funds from Preschool the Idaho Way in partnership with the Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children to meet its goal of creating an affordable preschool solution for 4 and 5 year olds in Garden City.
Accessible preschool in Garden City is important because:
- There is an estimated 370 children under the age of 5 without care in Garden City..
- 51% of children currently in childcare in Garden City are at or below the poverty line.
- The overall poverty rate of Garden City is 14.6% and as high as 27.2% in some areas. Research shows that poverty negatively impacts young children socially, developmentally, and academically.
- Children who go to preschool are more likely to graduate from high school, continue with higher education, and have more earning ability.
- The crime rate in Garden City is 34%, while the crime rate in Idaho is 21%. Children who have access to quality preschool are less likely to engage in criminal activity.
- Only 50% of children in Idaho begin kindergarten with grade-level reading skills.
Our Preschool Program Goals
- Give 20 new families access to affordable early childhood education through our preschool program.
- Provide resources for families with young children who are no yet in the school system.
- Support a new generation in our community to break the cycle of poverty.
- Ensure school readiness for the children graduating from our program.
- Provide access to quality care and education, regardless of income.
- Foster parent engagement and support through the strengthening families protective factors.
Fees are income-based and on a sliding scale. Scholarships are available for families in need.
- Full Day: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Half Day: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
A Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) helps parents get involved, make social connections, and learn more about their child’s school.
Parent education nights, offered once a month, are interactive workshops for parents to learn more everything from hot to promote early literacy, to how to foster STEM learning, to how to navigate having. blended family.
If you have questions or would like to enroll your child, please contact the Giraffe Laugh Preschool Director, Annie Fascilla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can see the future from here!
Giraffe Laugh is a local nonprofit that provides early childhood education and nurturing to 170 Treasure Valley children annually by ensuring school readiness, empowering families, and building strong futures.
Giraffe Laugh has two full-time programs that serve children 0-5 years old, a full-time preschool program that serves children 3.5-5 years old, and a summer program that serves children that are of school-age.