Nearly half of all Idaho children are unprepared when they enter kindergarten. Every child deserves a secure, comfortable childhood, as well as access to quality programs that strengthen and empower them while ensuring school readiness.
of children in Idaho are not prepared for school.
How we help in ensuring school readiness:
- Maintain low teacher to child ratios so that each child is able to bond with their teacher, have their needs fully met, and develop healthy attachments, especially as infants.
- Offer scholarships, providing access to any child who is in need of care and preschool, regardless of their families income.
- Serve three healthy meals each day and stock on-site food pantries at all locations. Nutrition is a key element to healthy growth and development.
- Use proven curriculum:
- Zoophonics to build literacy
- Second Step for social and emotional development
- Talk About Touching for personal safety and child abuse prevention
- Have well-educated teachers and staff members.
from Giraffe Laugh’s three preschools in 2022.
from Giraffe Laugh’s three preschools in 2023.
We were lucky enough to have our son attend Giraffe Laugh Preschool in Garden City for 1.5 school years. When Theodore entered kindergarten, he was well beyond ready for his classroom. We were concerned after being home and isolated for the Covid years and the lack of social interaction that he would suffer in the school setting. However, due in no small part to the efforts of Ms. Anita, Miss Annie, and the amazing care, dedication, social-emotional attention and school readiness preparation they instill into each student, Theodore has surpassed our expectations, excelling in the school setting. I wish every kid was lucky enough to attend.
We can see the future from here!
Giraffe Laugh is a local nonprofit that provides early childhood education and nurturing to 170 Treasure Valley children annually by ensuring school readiness, empowering families, and building strong futures.
Giraffe Laugh has two full-time programs that serve children 0-5 years old, a full-time preschool program that serves children 3.5-5 years old, and a summer program that serves children that are of school-age.